My two buddies

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My two buddies

Post by geiger1973 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:17 pm

I feel like my heart is breaking after my loss of my 14 year old doxie died on the 15th then last night I had to put my 5 year old doxie down do to liver failure. I feel like I broke his trust. To look at him he looked okay but he was soooo jaundice. This was his second go around and I just couldn't put him thru all the tests just to have the same result only he would be with strangers when he passed. I stayed and held his little head til then end and held him after. I have not been able to get the image of him looking up at me just before he died. They take a piece of your heart when they leave. My 14 year old died on his own in my arms also. Just hasn't been a very good holiday for me.

geiger1973

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My two buddies

Post by kurtaaron on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:21 am

I'm so sorry for both your losses. That is a lot to go through in a short time. It is heartbreaking because they become a part of us. I pray you will allow yourself to grieve as much as you need to. I put my cat to sleep 6 weeks ago and I was crying this morning. My apartment isn't the same without him. Hang in there and know you are not alone. I believe you did what was best for your animals and hope you find peace and healing through this.

Kurt

kurtaaron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top