I lost Alex yesterday. Never knew I would hurt this much

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I lost Alex yesterday. Never knew I would hurt this much

Post by alex25 on Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:33 am

Alex was family. So many people knew him, loved him, and are going to miss him. Alex was the best dog, he was so special. I can't seem to make the tears stop falling. I am so grateful for my husband who loved him as much as I do. The three of us were always together and now I feel so empty. Our home is so quiet now. I don't hear his footsteps on the hardwood floor, I open up the front door to emptiness, it is so awful. Alex was diagnosed with chronic heart failure in June this year. He has been on meds since and doing well with them up until about 3 weeks ago. He refused one of his meds, and his eating habits changed and decreased. He became lethargic during the day and restless at night. We made him food that he would like just so he could get his energy back and some days he did. Yesterday morning he had a seizure or a mini stroke and could now stand up on his own. I held him while his heart seemed to be pounding out of his chest. We took him to the vet right away, and they took xrays of him. His heart was twice the size it should be and so much fluid was built up inside him. I knew this was going to happen, but could never be ready for it. The vet gave him a sedative so he could relax and we both held him while he drifted off. I know he is at peace now and I know so many are going to miss him. Especially my husband and I.

alex25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I lost Alex yesterday. Never knew I would hurt this much

Post by lili on Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:50 am

I am so sorry for your loss, I am here reading what you wrote and it seems you are writing about my sweet doggy Bayleis who died yesterday. He was our happiness and I don't know how I am going to cope with his loss, it is so so hard.
He was suffering the same disease like Alex, and yesterday we took him to the vet for an echo cardiogram and he died after the test. We really don't know what happened, he was sick but we never though that he could leave us so soon.

Sorry again and thank you for write in this forum I feel I am not the only one who is crying while is writing this post.

lili

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kurtaaron on Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:51 pm

I'm very sorry for your loss. I just put my cat to sleep 2 weeks ago and my heart is still broken. Hang in there and know they are all in good hands on the other side!

Kurt

kurtaaron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alex25 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:28 pm

Thank you both so much for your sympathy, and I too, am so sorry for your loss. I still cry almost every day, I know he is in good hands now, but so many things remind me of him and I miss him so much. I want to adopt another dog because we are really good pet parents and so many animals need loving homes. I know I need time to grieve for Alex before I adopt, I can't compare another dog to Alex, he was special.

alex25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lili on Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:47 am

I appreciate very very much your words. They comfort me very much. Yesterday I spent almost all my day looking at Bayleis' pictures and videos. I miss him every day and we talk about him many times during the day. My husband, my daughter and I feel we were privileged having Bayleis among us, this kind of pure and unconditional love we can not find in humans, maybe it is why is so so hard to overcome his dead.

Thank you again, and I hope you feel better today.

Lili

lili

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ladysdad on Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:34 pm

I am so sorry.  We just put our dog to sleep yesterday.  My heart is broken also.  It sounds like you were the best "parent" that your dog could have.  I didn't know it would hurt this much either. I cry every time I think of her and especially her passing and the events leading up to it. I think I will for a long time. Although it might be nice to think of them being "happy on the other side". Even still, there is a huge hole left in this world because they are gone and it is appropriate to cry because their light and beauty is no longer a part of this world.

ladysdad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top